Belgian endive are delicious cooked. This makes a lovely starter or side dish.
- Preheat oven to 450F. Cut endive in half lengthwise, and place halves, cut side up, in baking dish; season with salt and pepper. Fill dish with 1/4 inch water. Cover with foil; bake 12 minutes, or until tender. Remove foil, and broil 3 to 4 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, purée all remaining ingredients in food processor. Season vinaigrette to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, divide endive among plates; drizzle vinaigrette on each endive half.
* To roast garlic:
- Preheat oven to 350F. Remove several layers of white papery skin from garlic head (do not peel or separate cloves).
- Wrap garlic head in foil. Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour; let cool 10 minutes.
- Remove foil, separate cloves and squeeze to extract pulp.
- Serving Size Serves 4
- Calories 183
- Carbohydrate Content 6 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 233 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g