For exclusive access to all our stories, including sequences, teacher tips, video classes, and more, join Outside+ today.
Packed with iron and protein, this chili freezes well and is a good choice for lunch or dinner. Makes 4 servings.
See more Feel-Good Foods and recipes >
1. Heat olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
2. Add jalapeño and garlic, and sauté for 1 additional minute.
3. Now add the lentils, tomatoes, tomato paste, corn, water, salt, cumin, chili powder, and cinnamon.
4. Bring to a boil. Cover pot and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Recipe by Karen Ansel
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g