Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Tossing the cheese with flour before melting gives this lighter fondue an ooey-gooey texture. Serve it with cubes of French baguette or focaccia, and blanched broccoli florets, steamed baby potatoes and apple wedges. Make this a meal by adding a green salad.
- Place cheese, flour and nutmeg on large piece of wax paper; toss to mix.
- Rub cut garlic sides on inside of stove-proof fondue pot. Add broth, wine and mustard to pot, and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add cheese mixture in thirds, whisking until combined each time. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook about 5 minutes, or until smooth, whisking constantly.
- Remove from heat, and stir in Kirsch, if using. Place fondue pot over warmer; serve with dippers.
- Serving Size Serves 4
- Calories 107
- Carbohydrate Content 5 g
- Cholesterol Content 19 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 216 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g