Peas make a fiber- and protein-rich guac that stays green overnight.
- 2 ripe avocados, preferably Hass
- 1 cup green peas, blanched and drained
- 1 medium ripe tomato, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 jalapeño chilies, or 2 small, mild red or orange
- chilies, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 limes, juiced (about 1/4 cup juice)
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
1. Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits, and scoop the flesh out with a spoon into the bowl of a food processor. Add the peas, and pulse until a chunky mixture forms.
2. Transfer the avocado-pea mixture to a large bowl. Stir in the tomato, red onion, jalapeños or mild chilies, lime juice, and cilantro, and salt to taste. Using a wooden spoon, stir the ingredients to combine. Serve immediately with chips or sliced veggies.