Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
30 minutes or fewer
This irresistible salad is crammed with hard-to-get vegetarian goodies: protein, calcium, iron—even vitamin B12.
- To make Tofu Croutons: Preheat oven to 350F. Bake tofu 20 minutes. When dry, cut into crouton-sized cubes.
- Beat egg in small bowl. Combine flour, garlic salt, onion powder and black pepper in separate bowl. Dip tofu cubes in egg, and dust with flour mixture.
- Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat. Sauté tofu cubes about 10 minutes, until golden and crispy on all sides. Cool.
- To make Salad Dressing: Combine all ingredients in nonreactive pot. Cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, until sugar dissolves. Transfer to cruet. Let cool.
- To make Spinach Salad: Place all ingredients in large serving bowl. Add half of dressing, toss well, garnish with croutons.
ALSO PER SERVING: 154mg calcium; 2mg iron; 3 IU vitamin d; 0.4mcg vitamin b12; 1mg zinc
- Serving Size Serves 8
- Calories 330
- Carbohydrate Content 26 g
- Cholesterol Content 44 mg
- Fat Content 21 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 746 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g