Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
This crowd-pleasing pasta makes good use of Swiss chard, which is rich in vitamins A and C and available year-round.
- In large deep skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and leek and cook, stirring occasionally, until leek is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, oregano, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and Swiss chard, stirring to prevent sticking. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pasta is just tender, about 10 minutes. Drain well.
- Stir pasta and chard into tomato mixture; season with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until flavors have blended, about 3 minutes. Adjust seasonings to taste and serve hot.
- Serving Size 4 to 6 servings
- Calories 265
- Carbohydrate Content 43 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 608 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g