30 minutes or fewer
A versatile main dish, this works well as a warm entrée or a hearty salad. If you choose the salad option, try garnishing the dish with diced avocados. Pass with toasted focaccia sprinkled with garlic and olive oil.
- 1 cup uncooked whole wheat spiral pasta
- 1 19-oz. can fava beans, drained and well rinsed
- 1 15.5-oz. can artichoke hearts, drained, well rinsed and chopped
- 1 6-oz. jar water-packed roasted red peppers, drained, well rinsed and diced
- 2 pieces oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and diced
- 1 Tbs. pesto
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
- Meanwhile, put beans, artichoke hearts and red peppers in large mixing bowl. Stir together tomatoes and pesto, and stir into bean mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Add pasta, toss mixture and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 250
- Carbohydrate Content: 37 g
- Cholesterol Content: 5 mg
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 620 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g