Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
This simple main course pairs favorite Mediterranean flavors and ingredients. It comes together quickly and suits family tastes, yet looks dramatic enough to impress VIPs.
- Combine fava beans, egg, onion, garlic, 1 tablespoon olive oil, lemon juice, flour and 1 tablespoon parsley in food processor. Process until coarsely chopped and well combined.
- Heat 2 to 3 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium heat. When hot, scoop ¼ cup bean mixture into oil and repeat until skillet is full. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on one side, and when firm and slightly brown, turn over to cook other side. Carefully remove from skillet and place on plates. Repeat with remaining bean mixture until mixture is used up.
- To serve, spoon generous scoops yogurt over each serving and sprinkle with parsley and diced red pepper. Serve immediately.
When pairing food and wine, line up similar flavors for harmony. A Pinot Grigio from Northern Italy, such as Franz Haas Pinot Grigio Delle Venezie Kris, works well here.
- Serving Size Serves 4
- Calories 250
- Carbohydrate Content 26 g
- Cholesterol Content 60 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 120 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g