Bean stew, steamed greens, and warmed polenta make a complete Italian meal without a single saucepan to clean.
- 1 15-oz. can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 4 medium plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives, chopped
- 4 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp. garlic oil
- 1 lb. Swiss chard, tough stems removed
- 1 1-lb. tube prepared polenta, cut into 8 rounds
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cut 4 12-inch squares foil. Spoon 1/3 cup beans and 1/2 cup mushrooms in center of each foil square.
- Combine tomatoes, feta, olives, rosemary, and garlic oil in bowl. Divide mixture among foil packets, and season with salt and pepper. Bring up sides of foil to meet over contents, fold edges together, and then fold a few times over contents to form a packet. Fold edges over to seal. Place packets in bottom portion of bamboo steamer. Arrange Swiss chard leaves in steamer’s top basket. Top with polenta rounds.
- Fill large skillet or wok with 2 inches water. Cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. Place steamer in skillet, and steam 10 minutes.
- To serve: Place 2 polenta rounds and some Swiss chard leaves on each plate. Open packets, and slide contents over polenta. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 281
- Carbohydrate Content: 41 g
- Cholesterol Content: 13 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 803 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g