Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Elegant enough for a casual dinner party but easy enough for a weeknight meal, this pasta dish gets its creamy flavor from soymilk, white wine, and miso—and is sure to become a regular in your recipe repertoire.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Whisk together soymilk, wine, yeast, miso, nutmeg, cayenne, and turmeric in measuring cup. Set aside.
- Heat corn oil in 4-qt. saucepan over medium heat, and add garlic. When garlic starts to sizzle, whisk in flour. Cook 2 minutes, whisking constantly. Remove from heat, and whisk in 1/2 cup soymilk mixture. Gradually whisk in remaining soymilk mixture. Season with salt and pepper; keep sauce warm.
- Coat skillet with olive oil cooking spray, and heat over high heat. Sear mushroom slices 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until they shrink and brown.
- Drain fettuccine, and toss with warm sauce and basil. Top with mushrooms.
- Serving Size Serves 4
- Calories 308
- Carbohydrate Content 52 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 246 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g