Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
anilla extract, brown sugar and a spoonful of brewed coffee subtly deepen the rich chocolate flavor.
- Melt chocolate chips and butter in top of double boiler over boiling water and medium-low heat, stirring to blend. Stir in brown sugar, vanilla and coffee. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat whole egg, egg whites and granulated sugar until light and thick, for about 3 minutes. Reduce speed to low, and slowly add melted chocolate mixture. Beat in flour/cocoa mixture. Transfer to a smaller bowl, cover and refrigerate for about 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of dough onto cookie sheet, placing them about 2 inches apart. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until center of cookie sets. Remove from oven, and cool on wire racks.
- Calories 80
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g