Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
For these lush muffins, select biscuits such as the Old-Fashioned Swedish Style Vanilla Snaps.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Butter 18 muffin cups thoroughly, and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add one egg at a time, beating mixture well after each addition. Whisk together flour, baking powder, cardamom, biscuit crumbs and almonds. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture in 3 parts, alternating with milk and beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Blend just until smooth, taking care not to overmix. Divide batter among muffin cups.
- Bake in middle of oven for 5 minutes. Drop 1 teaspoon marmalade into center of each muffin, and bake for 12 to 13 minutes more, or until firm and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, stir together water and sugar, and bring to a boil over medium heat, cooking for 30 seconds. Use a pastry brush to moisten muffins thoroughly with sugar syrup after muffins come from oven. Set aside to cool completely, and remove muffins from baking cups.
- Meanwhile, stir together confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle muffins with icing, and let dry for a few minutes before serving.
- Serving Size MAKES 18 MUFFINS
- Calories 293
- Carbohydrate Content 35 g
- Cholesterol Content 53 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 67 mg
- Sugar Content 25 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g