This salsa adds both flavor and color to entrée dishes, such as the Wild Rice Pancakes and the Peruvian Blue Home Fries. From Mollie Katzens Sunlight Café.
- Preheat broiler and lightly brush baking tray with olive oil. Place whole peppers on tray.
- Broil peppers, turning every 5 minutes, until blackened all over, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer peppers to bowl, and cover bowl with plate. Let peppers cool for 45 minutes, during which time they release juices. Reserve juices.
- Peel peppers and remove and discard seeds and stems. Mince flesh of peppers and return minced peppers to bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients, and adjust salt and cayenne to taste.
- Serve cold or at room temperature. Store in tightly sealed jar in refrigerator.
- Serving Size Serves 4
- Calories 70
- Carbohydrate Content 16 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 300 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g