Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Fregola is a small pasta from Sardinia with a nutty flavor. You can also substitute rotini or Israeli couscous.
1. Heat 1/2 cup oil with garlic in small skillet over medium heat until garlic is lightly browned. Transfer oil and garlic to bowl. Whisk balsamic vinegar and oregano into garlic oil in bowl.
2. Cook fregola in boiling, salted water 14 minutes. Drain, reserving 3/4 cup cooking water. Add fregola and reserved cooking water to garlic mixture.
3. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium. Brush peppers with oil, and grill 5 minutes, turning once. Transfer to cutting board, and slice into 1/2-inch pieces. Add to fregola in bowl.
4. Brush squash with olive oil, and grill 4 minutes, or until softened, turning once. Transfer squash to cutting board, and cut into 1-inch pieces. Add squash to fregola in bowl.
5. Drizzle kale with oil, and grill 2 minutes, or until wilted and slightly charred. Transfer to cutting board, and coarsely chop. Add to fregola in bowl. Stir in ricotta salata, and season with salt and pepper.
- Serving Size Serves 6
- Calories 377
- Carbohydrate Content 34 g
- Cholesterol Content 30 mg
- Fat Content 23 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 8 g
- Sodium Content 571 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g