Clafouti is a rustic pudding-cake made with any seasonal fruit including cherries, plums, apricots or blueberries. For best flavor, dust the top with powdered sugar and serve warm from the oven.
- Melted butter or butter-flavored nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk or soy milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unbleached flour
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. grated nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 8 fresh apricots, peeled, pitted and sliced
- Confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly coat 9-inch baking dish with melted butter or cooking spray. In medium bowl, combine milk, granulated sugar, flour, egg whites, egg, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat until blended and frothy, about 5 minutes.
- Pour enough batter into the prepared dish to form a layer about 1/4-inch deep. Bake 2 minutes, then remove from oven. Place apricot slices in concentric circles over batter. Pour remaining batter over apricots.
- Bake until golden brown and center is just set, 40 to 45 minutes. Remove to wire rack and let cool slightly. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar and serve warm.
- Serving Size: 6 Servingsovo-lacto
- Calories: 184
- Carbohydrate Content: 25 g
- Cholesterol Content: 35 mg
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 118 mg