Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Clafouti is a rustic pudding-cake made with any seasonal fruit including cherries, plums, apricots or blueberries. For best flavor, dust the top with powdered sugar and serve warm from the oven.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly coat 9-inch baking dish with melted butter or cooking spray. In medium bowl, combine milk, granulated sugar, flour, egg whites, egg, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat until blended and frothy, about 5 minutes.
- Pour enough batter into the prepared dish to form a layer about 1/4-inch deep. Bake 2 minutes, then remove from oven. Place apricot slices in concentric circles over batter. Pour remaining batter over apricots.
- Bake until golden brown and center is just set, 40 to 45 minutes. Remove to wire rack and let cool slightly. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar and serve warm.
- Serving Size 6 Servingsovo-lacto
- Calories 184
- Carbohydrate Content 25 g
- Cholesterol Content 35 mg
- Fat Content 2 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 118 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g