- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 leek (white part only), well rinsed and chopped
- 3 green onions (white parts only), chopped
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (4 medium ears)
- 1 medium russet potato, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tbs. minced fresh basil
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh mint
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, leek and green onions. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring often, until vegetables are softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add corn, potato, broth, basil and mint. Bring to a gentle boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until potato is tender and liquid has reduced to just cover ingredients, about 30 minutes.
- Purée mixture using an immersion blender or food processor, until almost smooth but still a little chunky. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serving Size: 6 Servings
- Calories: 221
- Carbohydrate Content: 52 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Sodium Content: 340 mg