This satiny soup has just a hint of coconut flavor. Serve it with a scoop of coconut sorbet floating in the middle.
- 1 14-oz. can light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, preferably evaporated cane sugar
- 1 Tbs. rum, optional
- Salt to taste
- 2 large ripe mangoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp. grated lime zest
- 1 kiwi, peeled and cut into small pieces, for garnish
- 4 strawberries, hulled and sliced, for garnish
- Heat coconut milk, 1 cup water, sugar, rum and pinch of salt in saucepan over medium heat until liquid comes to a boil and sugar dissolves, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Put chopped mangoes and coconut milk mixture into food processor or blender, and purée until smooth.
- Strain mixture through fine-mesh sieve into bowl. Stir in lime juice and zest. Cover and refrigerate soup until well chilled. Serve cold, garnished with kiwi and strawberry slices.
- Serving Size: SERVES 4
- Calories: 220
- Carbohydrate Content: 38 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 30 mg
- Sugar Content: 32 g