Warm or chilled, this bright green soup is the epitome of spring. Tarragon has a strong, slightly anise-y flavor, so a little goes a long way in recipes.
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, white and light green parts thinly sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 cups fresh or thawed frozen peas
- 1 Tbs. tarragon leaves
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks, and sauté 7 to 9 minutes, or until soft. Stir in garlic, and cook 1 minute more. Add vegetable broth and 1 cup water, and bring to a simmer. Cook 15 minutes, stir in peas, and cook 1 minute more. Remove from heat, and cool 30 minutes.
- Purée soup in blender with tarragon leaves until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or chilled, with sliced radishes on top.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 139
- Carbohydrate Content: 22 g
- Cholesterol Content: 8 mg
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 366 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g