Tangy, tasty and not one drop of oil!
- 2 tablespoonsServings
- 4 ripe medium tomatoes, preferably vine-ripened
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 Tbs. thinly sliced scallion
- 1 to 2 Tbs. seeded, minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime (about 3 Tbs.)
- 1/8 tsp.salt, or more to taste
- Bring medium saucepan of water to a boil. Core tomatoes and cut an "x" in bottom of each. Plunge into boiling water 30 seconds. With slotted spoon, immediately remove to bowl of cold water. When cool enough to handle, peel tomatoes.
- Cut each tomato horizontally in half (through equator) and squeeze out seeds. Finely dice tomatoes and place in serving bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients along with 1 tablespoon water. Mix well.
- Serving Size: Makes 3 1/2 cups
- Calories: 5
- Carbohydrate Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 11 mg