30 minutes or fewer
Kalamata olives plus red wine vinegar, garlic and fresh parsley add up to a bold dressing that complements the assertive greens.
- 6 Tbs. sliced almonds
- 4 cups trimmed frisée leaves (12 oz.)
- 2 heads Belgian endive (8 oz.), leaves thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, cut in thin, 3-inch-long strips
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/8 cup chopped parsley
- To make Salad: Toast almonds in heavy-bottomed small skillet over medium heat, stirring often, 5 to 7 minutes, or until golden. Set aside.
- Combine frisée, endive and celery in large bowl; toss to mix.
- To make Vinaigrette: Put olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic and pepper to taste in blender or food processor, and blend until smooth. Add olives and parsley, and pulse to combine.
- Add dressing to greens, and toss well. Divide salad among serving plates, and sprinkle each with almonds.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 140
- Carbohydrate Content: 6 g
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 189 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g