Virtually any combination of fresh fruit can be used for this chutney. It is a great accompaniment to grilled foods and a terrific topping for ice cream.
- 1/4-cup servingServings
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs. peeled, grated fresh gingerroot
- 4 large ripe peaches, peeled and chopped (4 cups)
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
- In medium saucepan, combine sugar, vinegar and ginger. Bring to a boil. Boil 1 minute; remove from heat and let cool.
- In large bowl, combine fruit. Pour syrup over fruit and let stand for about 30 minutes to allow flavors to meld. Use right away or transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate up to 1 week.
- Serving Size: Makes 8 cups
- Calories: 57
- Carbohydrate Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 1 mg