Spoon the compote over soy ice cream.
- 1 8-oz. pkg. mixed dried fruits, diced
- 1 cup dried pineapple chunks, cut in half
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup Sucanat
- 2 Tbs. Amaretto, optional
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- Put the dried fruits in a large saucepan, and cover with the boiling water. Set aside for 25 minutes, and drain in a wire mesh colander.
- Add the fruits to the pan with orange juice, Sucanat and Amaretto, if using. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and reduce the heat to low.Cover, and cook for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and set aside to cool.
- Toast the almonds in a dry saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring and shaking the pan until the almonds are lightly browned.
- Spoon fruit compote over vanilla soy “ice cream,” and garnish with toasted almonds.
- Serving Size: Serves 8
- Calories: 243
- Carbohydrate Content: 54 g
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 9 mg
- Sugar Content: 20 g