Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Spoon the compote over soy ice cream.
- Put the dried fruits in a large saucepan, and cover with the boiling water. Set aside for 25 minutes, and drain in a wire mesh colander.
- Add the fruits to the pan with orange juice, Sucanat and Amaretto, if using. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and reduce the heat to low.Cover, and cook for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and set aside to cool.
- Toast the almonds in a dry saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring and shaking the pan until the almonds are lightly browned.
- Spoon fruit compote over vanilla soy “ice cream,” and garnish with toasted almonds.
- Serving Size Serves 8
- Calories 243
- Carbohydrate Content 54 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 2 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 9 mg
- Sugar Content 20 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g