Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
An effective fat replacer, prune purée contains fruit pectins that support the structure of baked goods, and it has natural sorbitols that extend the freshness. Organic powdered sugar is ground from evaporated cane juice into a fine powder that is used 1:1 in any recipe that calls for confectioners sugar. This wholesome vegan ingredient is available at health food stores and some specialty markets under the brand names Wholesome Sweeteners and Trader Joes.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- To make Cake: Combine pastry flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a mixing bowl. Add cherries and walnuts, and mix. Set aside.
- Put tofu in a food processor, and process until smooth. Add prune purée, and process again. Add evaporated cane juice, brewed coffee and Kirsch. Process until smooth. Fold tofu mixture into dry ingredients, and turn into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean. Remove from oven, cool for 15 minutes in pan and invert onto rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, to make Fudge Glaze: Sift powdered sugar and cocoa into a mixing bowl. Add orange juice, Kirsch and vanilla. Blend with a whisk or fork, and drizzle generously over cooled cake.
- Serving Size 12 SERVINGS
- Calories 334
- Carbohydrate Content 79 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 261 mg
- Sugar Content 47 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g