Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray tube pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place rolled oats in food processor or blender, and pulse until powdered. Place oats in large bowl, and combine with flour, cornmeal, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. Set aside.
- Drain tofu, place in food processor and process until smooth. Add prune and pumpkin purées, and blend. Add sugar and vanilla. Blend until smooth. Fold tofu mixture into dry ingredients, and scrape batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 50 minutes, or until tester inserted in cake comes out clean. Set aside on rack to cool.
- To make Fudge Glaze: Combine arrowroot and cocoa in medium-sized bowl. Heat rice syrup in microwave or in small pan on stove for 30 seconds. Using wire whisk or fork, add syrup to cocoa mixture. Add vanilla and almond extracts, and blend thoroughly. Drizzle immediately over cooled cake.
- 2 cups pitted prunes
- 1 1/2 Tbs. pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup water
- Place prunes and vanilla in food processor, and process for 30 seconds. Add water in steady stream through feed tube with motor running. Blend until smooth.
- Store prune purée in covered container in refrigerator; it will keep for at least three weeks.
- Serving Size SERVES 12
- Calories 107
- Carbohydrate Content 27 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 2 mg
- Sugar Content 18 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g