For an interactive parfait party, leave all the components for this “you won’t believe it’s vegan” dessert in separate bowls. We used Newman’s Own Alphabet Cookies for the cookie layer.
- 1 12.3-oz. pkg. extra-firm silken lite tofu
- 1 8-oz. pkg. soy cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 Tbs. orange zest
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 oranges
- 2 cups dairy- and wheat-free chocolate cookies, chopped
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, stemmed and sliced (about 2 cups)
- Blend tofu, cream cheese, sugar, orange zest, ginger and cinnamon in food processor 3 minutes, until smooth.
- Peel oranges and remove pith. Cut segments from between membranes over small bowl to catch juice. Cut segments in half, and place in juice.
- Sprinkle 2 Tbs. cookie pieces in each of 6 bowls. Top with tofu filling, strawberries and orange segments with juice. Sprinkle tops with remaining cookies, and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 310
- Carbohydrate Content: 39 g
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 238 mg
- Sugar Content: 21 g