Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Truly Italian ingredients, such as sliced truffles and Taleggio cheese, make this simple pizza a show-stopper. The flavor of the roasted mushrooms is rich enough that the cheese could be omitted if you want to make the pizza vegan.
1. Preheat broiler. Toss together shiitake mushrooms, shallot, and 1 Tbs. olive oil in small bowl, and season to taste with sea salt and pepper. Spread on baking sheet, and broil 8 to 10 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender and slightly charred, stirring several times. Remove mushrooms from broiler; leave broiler on.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together vinegar, lemon juice, and rosemary in separate bowl. Stir in truffles with their oil.
3. Spoon shiitake mushrooms evenly over Parbaked Pizza Crust, leaving 1/2-inch border. Scatter cremini mushrooms over top, and drizzle with truffle vinaigrette. Broil 7 to 8 minutes, then arrange Taleggio slices on pizza, and drizzle with remaining 1 Tbs. olive oil. Broil 1 minute more to melt cheese, if desired. Scatter parsley over top; cut into 6 slices.
- Serving Size Makes 1 10-inch pizza
- Calories 146
- Carbohydrate Content 12 g
- Cholesterol Content 8 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 404 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g