Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Roasted red bell peppers star in this recipe for red sauce.
1. Heat oil in saucepan over medium-high heat. Add roasted peppers, onion, and carrot; sauté 5 minutes, or until onion begins to brown. Add 3/4 cup water, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook pasta in pot of boiling salted water according to package directions.
3. Remove roasted pepper mixture from heat, and purée in blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
4. Drain pasta, and return to pot. Stir in red pepper sauce.
- Serving Size Serves 4
- Calories 295
- Carbohydrate Content 49 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 273 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g