Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
This riff on gado-gado, a loaded-up Indonesian-style salad, combines raw and cooked ingredients, including kimchi-nut dressing, which is rich in both prebiotics and probiotics, and potatoes that are cooled to improve resistant starch.
- In a large pot, bring 4 quarts salted water to a boil. Add chicken and potatoes; reduce heat to medium-high, and cook until chicken and potatoes are cooked through, 15 minutes. Remove chicken to a covered dish. Drain and rinse potatoes, and let cool.
- In a pot with a steamer basket, bring 1 ½ quarts water to a boil. Add cabbage and green beans. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook until veggies are al dente (cooked yet still firm), 10 minutes.
- In a blender, blend nut butter, kimchi, maple syrup, soy sauce, lime juice, and sesame oil until evenly combined. Add reserved kimchi juice or water ¼ cup at a time until mixture is thin enough to pour as a dressing.
- Slice chicken into half-inch strips. On a platter, add chicken, potatoes, steamed veggies, tomatoes, spinach, and bean sprouts. Drizzle with dressing.
- Serving Size 6
- Calories 341
- Carbohydrate Content 341 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g