Greek salad toppings of tomatoes, cucumbers and feta turn pitas into “pitzas.” Draining the diced tomatoes keeps the crust from getting too soggy.
- 2 large tomatoes, diced (about 1 3/4 lbs.)
- 4 whole-wheat pita pockets, separated into 8 rounds
- 3 Tbs. low-fat Italian dressing
- 1/2 medium cucumber, cut into 1/3-inch dice (about 1 1/2 cup)
- 1 1/4 cup crumbed feta cheese (5 oz.)
- Place tomatoes in colander, and drain 15 minutes. Lightly brush one side of each pita with dressing. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pita, oiled side down, and cook 1 minute, or until lightly toasted. Repeat with remaining pitas. Toss cucumbers with remaining dressing, and set aside.
- Preheat broiler. Transfer pitas, toasted side down, to baking sheet. Arrange tomatoes over each pita, and top with feta. Broil 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through and feta begins to brown. Top with cucumbers, and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 293
- Carbohydrate Content: 35 g
- Cholesterol Content: 42 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 854 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g