Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
VegeSal, found in natural food stores, is salt seasoned with dehydrated vegetables. If not available, use another kind of naturally seasoned salt.
- In large saucepan, combine garlic, oregano and 2 1⁄2 cups water. Bring to a boil and simmer, uncovered, until garlic is tender, about 40 minutes. Remove pot from heat. Using immersion blender or fork, mash garlic until it dissolves into liquid.
- Add potatoes and 4 cups water to garlic broth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring often, until onion has softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add to simmering soup. Stir in VegeSal.
- In small bowl, whisk egg yolks. While whisking, slowly ladle 1⁄4 cup hot soup over yolks. Pour mixture back into soup while whisking vigorously. Remove pot from heat. Stir in cilantro and cooked noodles, season with hot pepper sauce and serve.
- Calories 196
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g