- 3 Tbs. fresh lime juice (1 large lime)
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 15 1/2-oz. can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 to 5 scallions (white and light green parts), finely chopped ( 1/4 cup)
- In food processor, combine lime juice, oil, cumin, beans and garlic and pulse 5 or 6 times until blended.
- Transfer mixture to serving bowl, stir in pepper, cilantro, scallions and salt to taste. Serve with crackers or raw vegetables.