When you regularly eat mineral-rich dark leafy greens such as kale and collards, every cell in your body will thank you.
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbs. capers, drained
- 2 lb. greens, stemmed, washed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tsp. salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
1. Crush each garlic clove with flat blade of heavy knife, and slice each crushed piece in half.
2. Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring often, or until garlic starts to brown. Add capers, and cook, tossing, 1 minute more. Add greens, salt, pepper and 1 cup water. Toss greens with tongs, pushing uncooked leaves to bottom, until all greens are wilted. Reduce heat to low, and cook, covered, about 10 minutes, or until greens are tender.
3. Uncover, increase heat to high and cook, stirring often, until almost all liquid has evaporated, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in vinegar. Serve hot.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 70
- Carbohydrate Content: 6 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 270 mg