Presoaking potato slices in hot water helps remove excess starch so they brown and crisp like oil-cooked fries.
- 1 1/2 lb. russet potatoes, peeled and cut into ¼-inch-thick wedges
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
1. Place oven rack in lowest position, and preheat oven to 475°F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Soak potatoes in bowl of hot water 10 minutes. Drain, pat dry, and return to dry bowl.
2. Meanwhile, heat canola oil, olive oil, and garlic in saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook garlic 2 minutes, or until it begins to brown. Transfer garlic to small bowl with slotted spoon.
3. Pour oil over potatoes, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange potatoes in single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes, or until potatoes are golden on bottom. Turn, and bake 10 minutes more, or until golden and crisp.
4. Meanwhile, stir parsley into reserved garlic; sprinkle over fries. Season with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 167
- Carbohydrate Content: 29 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 298 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g