Wow guests with this spread that's served with rounds of French bread, raw veggies, or like hummus with pita wedges. The dip also makes a great sandwich filling with roasted vegetables and olives.
- 1/4-CUP SERVINGServings
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, plus more for garnish, if desired
- 1 cup cubed French bread, preferably stale
- 1 10-oz. pkg. chopped spinach, thawed
- 5 cloves garlic, minced (1 1/2 Tbs.)
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus more for garnish, if desired
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread walnuts on baking sheet and toast 7 to 10 minutes, or until light brown and fragrant. Cool 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place bread cubes in bowl and cover with 1/2 cup cold water. Let stand 5 to 7 minutes, then drain. Squeeze to remove excess water. Place bread, walnuts, spinach, and garlic in food processor, and purée 2 minutes, or until smooth. Add olive oil, lemon juice, and brown sugar, and season with salt and pepper. Purée until combined. To serve: Spread dip in shallow plate, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with chopped walnuts, if desired.
- Serving Size: Makes 3 cups
- Calories: 166
- Carbohydrate Content: 6 g
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 92 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g