Savory and satisfying, these stuffed mushrooms make a great light meal when served with a green salad.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Scrape out and discard gills from undersides of mushroom caps with spoon. Remove and discard stems. Arrange mushrooms, stem-side up, in shallow baking dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients in medium bowl. Stir in 3 Tbs. water, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff mushroom caps with garlic mixture, pressing down firmly. Fill baking dish with 1/4 inch water. Cover dish with foil, and bake 30 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender.
- Uncover, and broil 1 to 2 minutes, or until tops are lightly browned, being careful not to burn. Garnish with rosemary sprigs, and serve immediately.
- Note: If you want to make fresh breadcrumbs, tear up 4 to 5 slices of bread, place in food processor or blender, and process until finely ground.
- Serving Size Serves 4
- Calories 225
- Carbohydrate Content 22 g
- Cholesterol Content 25 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 556 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g