This green bean-laced potato salad is hearty enough to serve as an entrée, but you could also pair it with grilled vegetarian sausages for a bigger meal. If you don't have white balsamic vinegar in your pantry, use any mild variety, such as white wine or rice vinegar.
- 2-cup servingServings
- 8 oz. baby red potatoes, cut into 1- x 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 oz. green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 green onions, white and pale-green parts chopped (1/4 cup)
- 2 Tbs. white balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh tarragon or dill
- 4 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves
1. Cook potatoes in pot of boiling salted water 8 minutes, or until tender. Add green beans during last minute of cooking.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add green onions. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender but not browned. Remove from heat, and stir in vinegar.
3. Drain potatoes and green beans. Toss with olive oil mixture, parsley, and tarragon. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve warm on bed of spinach.
- Serving Size: Serves 2
- Calories: 232
- Carbohydrate Content: 33 g
- Fat Content: 21 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 238 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g