30 minutes or less
This slaw is at its most crunchy when freshly made. Look for hoisin sauce and rice vinegar in the Asian section of large supermarkets.
Meal Plan: Serve this filling salad with Asian-flavored baked tofu.
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbs. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 11-oz. can mandarin oranges in light syrup, drained
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 small head green cabbage, shredded, rinsed and drained (about 1 lb.; yield 4 cups)
- 16-oz. bag shredded broccoli slaw
- 4 scallions (white and light green parts),thinly sliced
- 20 frozen vegetable potstickers, cooked according to directions
- In blender or food processor, combine hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, mandarin oranges, ginger and garlic and process until well blended. Set dressing aside until ready to use.
- In large bowl, combine cabbage, broccoli slaw and scallions. Add dressing as desired and toss to coat.
- Add potstickers, gently tossing to blend flavors. Serve hot.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 163
- Carbohydrate Content: 29 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Sodium Content: 789 mg