Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
The unusual ingredient combination—sesame oil, ginger, orange juice and corn with brown rice—makes this fragrant dish a fun twist on traditional rice pilafs.
- Heat sesame oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add ginger, and sauté 1 minute more. Stir in rice, and sauté 2 minutes, or until coated with oil, and beginning to turn opaque.
- Stir in orange juice, 1 1/4 cups water and salt. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to medium low, and cover. Simmer 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle corn over rice. Cover, and simmer 15 minutes more, or until rice is tender. Remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes. Stir in cilantro, and serve.
- Serving Size Serves 8 (makes 6 cups)
- Calories 238
- Carbohydrate Content 48 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 155 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g