Baked pre-seasoned tofu comes in many flavors. It’s a quick way to add flavor and protein to stir-fries and salads. Serve this over brown jasmine rice or noodles.
- 2/3 cup raw cashews, or unsalted dry roasted cashews
- 12 oz. pre-seasoned baked Oriental-style tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 12 oz. snow peas, stemmed and tough strings removed
- 2 Tbs. tamari or low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbs. peeled and finely grated fresh ginger
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spread cashews on baking sheet; bake until lightly toasted, 10 to 12 minutes; stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, spray large nonstick skillet or wok with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat. Add tofu, and cook, turning often, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Put in bowl.
- Add snow peas to skillet, and stir-fry 1 minute. Add 3 Tbs. water, tamari and ginger. Stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes. Cover, reduce heat to medium and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until peas are tender.
- Stir in tofu and cashews, and heat through. Serve warm.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 350
- Carbohydrate Content: 19 g
- Fat Content: 19 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 27 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 870 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g