A few minutes of simmering in a luscious maple glaze flavors this firm tofu. The cubes are also wonderful in stir-fries and salads.
- 2 Tbs. low-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 3 Tbs. maple syrup
- 3 Tbs. mirin
- 1 lb. firm or extra-firm tofu, drained and pressed for 15 minutes
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- Mix tamari, maple syrup and mirin in bowl. Set aside.
- Cut tofu into 3?4-inch cubes. Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu, and fry until golden, turning every 3 minutes, about 10 minutes. (You don’t need to brown all six sides.) Add tamari mixture, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, turning occasionally, until tofu is coated with glaze.
- Arrange around Summer Roll Salad.
- Serving Size: SERVES 4
- Calories: 200
- Carbohydrate Content: 12 g
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 520 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g