- 2 Tbs. unfiltered apple juice, or more if needed
- 1 Tbs. kudzu
- 10 oz. dairy-free chocolate chips (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup rice syrup
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Place chocolate chips in top of double boiler over barely simmering water over medium heat. Stir until melted. Stir in rice syrup and vanilla extract until blended.
- In cup, dissolve kudzu in apple juice; stir into chocolate mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until creamy and cloudiness has disappeared, 2 to 3 minutes. If icing is too thick to spread easily, stir in a little more apple juice. Use immediately.
- Serving Size: Makes 2 2/3 cups
- Calories: 144
- Carbohydrate Content: 27 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 6 mg