For exclusive access to all our stories, including sequences, teacher tips, video classes, and more, join Outside+ today.
Food editor Mary Margaret Chappell used this recipe to test the gluten-free flour blends featured in VT‘s brand by brand comparison (“Flour Power,” December 2011, p. 42).
1. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in bowl, and set aside.
2. Lightly beat egg with electric mixer. Beat in sugars until combined. Add butter and vanilla, and beat until smooth. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Fold in chocolate chips. Cover, and chill overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spoon 2-Tbs. scoops of dough onto 2 ungreased baking sheets. Bake 9 to 12 minutes, or until light brown on top. Let cool 1 to 2 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to wire rack with spatula to cool completely.
- Serving Size Makes 24 cookies
- Calories 125
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 20 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 97 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g