Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Excerpted from The Superfood Alchemy Cookbook by Jennifer Iserloh, to be published on April 9, 2019 by Hachette Books, a division of Hachette Book Group. Copyright 2019, Jennifer Iserloh.
1. Trim both ends of squash and/or beets, spiralize, and set aside (you can also buy pre-spiralized veggies at most grocery stores).
2. To prepare the sauce, in a small saucepan combine scallions, orange zest and juice, tamari, honey, vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, cornstarch, chili garlic sauce, and pepper, whisking to remove any clumps of cornstarch. Simmer sauce over medium heat until thickened, 4–5 minutes.
3. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add veggie noodles, and cook until soft and releasing liquid, 2–3 minutes. Transfer to a colander to drain excess liquid, 4–5 minutes. In a large bowl, toss veggie noodles with sauce. Garnish with seaweed, and serve immediately.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 207
- Carbohydrate Content 39 g
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 767 mg
- Sugar Content 30 g