Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Using a steamer to cook vegetable flans keeps them soft and creamy.
- To make Flans: Coat 4 4-oz. ramekins with cooking spray. Arrange 3 tomato slices in bottom of each ramekin.
- Pulse spinach, peas, and eggs in food processor until smooth. Add milk, salt, and nutmeg; process until combined. Pour half of mixture into prepared ramekins. Sprinkle with goat cheese, then top with remaining egg mixture. Cover with squares of foil coated with cooking spray. Place in bottom basket of steamer.
- To make Salad: Arrange asparagus in top basket of steamer, and cover. Fill large skillet with 2 inches water, and bring to a boil. Place steamer in skillet, and reduce heat to medium. Steam asparagus 6 minutes; cool until easy to handle. Cook Flans 6 minutes more, then remove from heat.
- Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Toss together arugula, basil, bell pepper, lemon juice, garlic oil, and asparagus. Unmold Flans onto plates and surround with Salad.
- Serving Size Serves 4
- Calories 201
- Carbohydrate Content 12 g
- Cholesterol Content 118 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 273 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g