This Asian-accented salad is pretty enough to make for dinner guests. Also think of it for office parties and potluck dinners.
- Cut tofu into 11⁄2 x 1⁄2-inch pieces. Bring medium pot of water to a boil. Fill medium bowl with ice water.
- In wok or large, heavy skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add peanuts and stir-fry until fragrant and pale brown, about 30 seconds. Using slotted spoon, remove peanuts and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Add tofu and stir-fry until crisp around edges, 2 to 3 minutes (it will spatter). Drain on paper towels. Discard remaining oil.
- Add sprouts to boiling water and boil 1 minute. Drain in colander, then immediately immerse in ice water. Drain again and set aside.
- Make dressing: In blender or food processor, combine all dressing ingredients and reserved peanuts. Process until nuts are finely ground.
- Arrange bean sprouts in center of serving platter. Top with fried tofu. Arrange cucumbers around sprouts. On top of cucumber, lay carrot strips in thin band around sprouts. Pour dressing over tofu. Garnish with cilantro leaves if desired.
- Serving Size Serves 4
- Calories 278
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 19 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 721 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g