Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
The term “breakfast cookie” might sound like a devilishly delicious oxymoron, but we’re not kidding around with these good-for-you jumbo cookies. They’re made with protein-rich almond flour and pecans and naturally sweetened with maple syrup for an easy, grab-and-go breakfast.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together almond flour, shredded coconut, coconut flour, hemp hearts, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Add eggs, oil, maple syrup, orange zest and vanilla; with a handheld electric mixer on medium, mix until well combined. Reduce to low speed, add cranberries and pecans and mix until combined.
- Drop by ¼ cup, 1 inch apart, onto prepared baking sheet. Bake until golden and centers are no longer doughy, about 25 minutes. Let cool on sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
TIP: Refrigerate cookies in an airtight container for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size 1 cookie
- Calories 365
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 47 mg
- Fat Content 30 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 11 g
- Sodium Content 224 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 12 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 6 g