- 2 pints of strawberries, stemmed and quartered (or use frozen)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 T water
- 1 or 2 T honey or raw sugar
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- (Variation: 2 C frozen black cherries, with zest and juice of 1 lemon, 1 T fresh basil and 1 T fresh mint, chopped)
1. Place fruit, spices and herbs, lemon, and sweetener into a blender and blend until smooth. With the blender running, add the water.
2. Freeze in an airtight container, stirring and crushing lumps with a fork every hour, until evenly frozen (about 3 hours).
3. To serve, scrape with a fork to lighten the texture, crushing any lumps. Will keep for up to one month in the freezer.
Recipe fromThe Yoga Body Dietused with permission.
- Serving Size: Makes 4 servings