Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
In this recipe, the grapes caramelize as they cook for a more intense flavor. As great as it is straight out of the oven, the cake improves if it’s allowed to rest at room temperature overnight.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 9-inch springform pan.
2. Whisk together all-purpose flour, almond flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt in bowl.
3. Whisk together oil, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, until thoroughly combined. Whisk in yogurt. Stir in flour mixture until mixed.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 10 minutes. Remove cake from oven, and gently place grapes in even layer on top. Sprinkle sugar over grapes. Bake 25 to 30 minutes more, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes, then remove pan’s outer ring, and cool completely.
- Serving Size Serves 12
- Calories 220
- Carbohydrate Content 29 g
- Cholesterol Content 54 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 216 mg
- Sugar Content 20 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g